RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into my truck last night, and I noticed the interior lights didn't come on when I unlocked the door. Put the key in the ignition, lots of lights but no starter motor. Oh no, the infamous lock out system has struck! I locked and unlocked the door a few times, but it didn't make a difference so I had a quick referral to rangerovers.net, got it, the problem is likely in the door latch. Went back, had a fiddle or so, and then realised the gear shift was in drive.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Well, at least you did not panic!:dance:
(I would have immediately replaced the Becm, gotten new locksets, and a new battery!)

Ya gotta love the easy ones.......

And, Who did we blame?? The son? The wife??
Prolly a good idea to put her in park when parked? :oops:

Actually, a good post as lots of folks think the very worst when the silliest things happen.
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure who to blame. Probably the same person who leaves the cupboard doors open at home. I used to blame the family for that but I've noticed that it still happens when I'm the only person there. I figure someone sneaks in while I'm not looking and opens them just to annoy me. Might have been the dog, border collies are smart and he was looking sheepish the other night...

·
Registered
482 Posts
yer like no body else has done that ? it wasn't me , it was the other me, the one that has never owned an auto and forgot to put it in park . can produce some colourful language followed with a big smile and a look over the shoulder lol .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts