RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
p38 now with eas manual inflation valves fitted , after many attempts with the eas unlock suite I decided to fit the Schrader valves so I could at least use my p38.
can anyone tell me how to clear the 35 mph message and the air suspension warning light from the dash - the eas was bypassed and the block and compressor pump are not connected ,also relay under the passenger seat not connected -any help would be welcomed

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
771 Posts
First things first , when you say many attempts with the rsw software, what was the problem?
if your not used to it, it can seem confusing, you must first connect to the correct comm port, you can find it in device manager, sometimes the lead needs to have drivers updated, there has been discussed 2 different ways to connect it, mine I plug in and away it goes, others say open software, connect obd lead, turn ignition on and go to comms, unless you can get into the system your pretty much stuck with the fairy lights and dash warning, the schrader valves are great for emergencies, but I wouldn’t rely on them.
where abouts in the world are you, there’s possibly someone nearby that knows the rsw software, the first time I used it was confusing

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
message will clear when codes are cleared and complete suspension is working properly, the other manner is listed on stickies above but it is assumed the eas is non functional.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Its not clear what your goal is here. Are you trying to bypass the warning and go full manual? Or are you trying to get your EAS operational again? It doesn't really make sense to bypass the warnings if you are fixing the EAS. If you clear a hard fault (35mph max) and don't fix the problem, it will just hard fault again. If you use jumpers to bypass the warning, your EAS won't function automatically anymore.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
343 Posts
If the relay under the seat is not plugged in the RSW Solutions software WILL NOT work.
Without the relay in place the software can’t connect to your computer. I plug the ODB 2 cable in and launch the software. From the drop down menu select COM 3 Then click the connect button and you should see first TX and then RX populate in the Coloums. Once you get a good idle green box you should be then able to read faults and then clear and unlock your EAS. That will clear your slow 35 mph fault on the dashboard. If your truck has a EAS override module plugged into the harness under the drivers seat you will need to remove it.
Reread the instructions in using the RSW software and try again step by step.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Rsw software or any other tool will NOT work with a relay or with out anything fitted to the delay timer socket.

A genuine delay timer is required for the software to perform an eas reset. A yellow relay will not work for that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts