RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

I have a 2001 P38 SE and I just noticed that manual locking/unlocking from outside does not work. Using the keyfob does work (both locks and unlocks all doors).

Is there something inside the door that connects the door handle key barrel to the lock that may have come out?

I recall I replaced the door latch a few years ago with a new one and I think I put everything back together but I don't really remember. I have been able to synchronize the key and the spare key fob without a problem so I figured I put everything back in place...

Any suggestions on what the issue may be?

Thank you!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
I'd first suggest posting your location in future postings.
Then downloading RAVE.
Then using search, as it's been covered a thousand times before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
For anyone in the future who does have the same issue as I did: I took the door card off and found that the lever connecting the lock barrel to the latch had come off at the lock barrel attachment due to the clip being loose. I tightened the clip and fitted the lever right back in. All is well now:thumb:.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nice to have an easy repair for a change, at least you know that if the remote gave up you can now open the door

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to have an easy repair for a change, at least you know that if the remote gave up you can now open the door
Very true! Thanks chris_no_10!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts