RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 range rover 4.0 se (US). I only have 1 key for the truck and no key fob(bought it this way).I locked my truck about a week ago and when i returned to unlock it, opened the door and the alarm started to go off so i shut the door and re locked the truck, shutting the alarm off. every time i open the door the alarm will go off though. Turning the key in the door only unlocks the driver door. If i keep the key in the door lock while opening the door and when the alarm sounds I can turn the key either way and get the alarm to quit, as soon as I try to start struck alarm goes off again. While in the truck I tried to unlock passenger door with the sill lock and it acts like it is not connected to anything. Any help would be super great. I have read countless articles about similar problems but have not helped me.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
could be a myriad of issues but start with the basics - check the drivers door lock from the electrical sticky replace as required.. alarm - just unplug the siren short term under the bonnet/hood to at least silence it. getting the locking synchronised so it operates all doors possibly just by sorting the lock and using the eka

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
You need to test your latches. Direction are in a stickie up top. Chances are you'll need to replace a latch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just read through the latch tests, seems easy enough. I will give that a go this weekend. I am unable to open the passenger door. It is locked and the sill lock does nothing when pulled up(acts like it is connected to nothing). May be related but the door locks would lock and unlock on their own while driving.

·
Super Moderator
2,197 Posts
May be related but the door locks would lock and unlock on their own while driving.
Almost certainly related as it shows a faulty CDL switch in one of the front door latches (the one that doesn't lock and unlock).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was really hoping that it would not be the passenger door, as it is locked and i can not open it. I have a feeling i am going to have to break the door panel to remove it in order to get access to be able to even open the door to run any tests:(

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,216 Posts
I doubt it's the passenger door.

The sill lock lever not doing anything and not feeling connected implies that the latch has superlocked itself - probably as a result of the alarm going off.

If you have been operating with just the key, then the microswitches in the drivers door will most likely be the cause. If you can turn the key either way and it will recognise something (like 're-locking' the door after alarm has been set off), then chances are it's a CDL switch that's failed - so that it's not being told the vehicle is unlocked when the key is turned. If it thinks the vehicle should be locked, and a door is then opened, the alarm will set off, as you are describing.

Closing the door and then turning the key (re locking the vehicle effectively) is then silencing the alarm.

I wouldn't be surprised if when you replace the drivers door latch and the vehicle unlocks/disarms properly, if the passenger door unlocks again normally. I wouldn't worry about that one just yet.

Marty

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I am waiting to get a new driver latch in the mail. I am needing to move my truck before I will receive the latch. I remember reading that I should be able to get the truck to super unlock by the wires from the outstation? I am unable to find where i previously read how to. So can anyone confirm that this is possible and maybe inform me on how to go about doing this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your latch problems are just how mine started, locking and unlocking all by themselves, I even had family stuck in the vehicle that could not get out of any of the doors on one occasion unless they came out the driver door! I cant help you on the outstation wires and moving the vehicle , but please read as many of the posts here that you can on latch replacement, and care of not breaking parts on door lock linkage. these were invaluable to me and if I had read these in advance I would have saved the work of having to replace other parts as well. Long live Marty and Toad! My Rhino now locks and unlocks like new!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
If you can get it here, I have a '02 parts rig and TekPro.
As far as I know, all latches etc are good on the '02.... And the TekPro can do some digging into the computers.

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
OP, you can get it moved by going under it and undoing one nut, then putting the trans in neutral. That will let it get towed etc.

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will post my question here since my problem started with locking and unlocking by my 99 p-38 4.6 by it self. I found my wiring in driver door had melted and fused several wires together replaced entire harness in door found on e-bay also found the outstation had fused itself to a connector so replaced that also. Now the problem can not get either key to sync with truck have tried 3-4 different methods to re sync key here along with the battery disconnect, the 1515 code but no luck with any of them. I can manually open driver door with key without alarm going off but any other doors I try alarm goes off can not open back at all it is locked. Have called the dealer in Jacksonville Fl to see if there is another EKA code I could try all the info I can get from them is tow truck 200 miles and they will check it out. Sent an e-mail to Landrover USA this morning to see if they can be any help have not heard back from them. I did notice this morning on my 20th try at code only way I can get truck to react when I try code is to hold door open when I try but it still does not work. Any help would be wonderful and believe me I have searched for answers and tried every thing I could find and would love to be able to move this truck again. I been fighting it for 15 years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts