RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here know for sure if the leather that was used in the P38 was genuine animal skin or synthetic? Thanks very much.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,761 Posts
Both. Seating areas are leather, seat sides, dash and most door panels are synthetic. Some models had additional leather.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is very kind, thanks, just wanted to make sure as the company making new seat facings for the front seats was unsure.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
I wonder if this means vegans can't drive it?
As a vegan, I can say "it depends." Given the fact that 12+ years have passed since the deed was done, the connection between buying a P38 and violating one's ethics, in my opinion, is too attenuated. There are plenty of vegans who will not touch leather seats regardless of their vintage.

On topic, if you have a '00+ HSE then you also have leather on the handbrake (I don't think it's synthetic).

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
690 Posts
As a vegan, I can say "it depends." Given the fact that 12+ years have passed since the deed was done, the connection between buying a P38 and violating one's ethics, in my opinion, is too attenuated. There are plenty of vegans who will not touch leather seats regardless of their vintage.

On topic, if you have a '00+ HSE then you also have leather on the handbrake (I don't think it's synthetic).
I took a couple of friends camping in mine, one of whom is very very vegan and refuses to kill even insects. Well, she *did*, until an evening of exposure to the infamous Highland midgie which had her reaching for every known form of insecticide and eyeing up the tin of carb cleaner...

The "vintage" thing seems quite common - I know a few folk who will wear old wool or leather (and since it's so durable there's a lot of it about). I know one guy who describes himself as "99% vegan", with the exception that he'll eat meat that he's caught himself. Bloody good shot he is, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts