RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,818 Posts
:? That interior has been on here before. I guess it'd be nice to see it if it were ever finished. Until then I just can't help but think it's just a tinker toy jumble of parts that just don't work together. :(
 

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
Joined
·
865 Posts
mmmm I hope you intend keeping your car for many years, interior well will have to see how it looks when finished
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi a couple of things to bear in mind the interior is handmade out of fibre glass
although everybody is quick to judge criticised some people will like it some people won't like it but this is for you to enjoy
 

Attachments

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,818 Posts
rrp38 said:
...bear in mind the interior is handmade out of fibre glass...
Hand made does not mean anything when there is little fit and no finish. Quite frankly it looks like a grade school, PlayDoh Flintstones project. Nothing lines up, nothing is smooth, in line, level or even straight and some lines just end nowhere. Some items are just plain rediculous... two hazard switches, duplicate P38 and L322 radio controls on the steering and what is with the MarkIII cubby lid screwed to the top of the P38 cup holder lid? How is one to easily reach the P38 switches behind the wanna be MarkIII vent bar in the way?
:snooty: Sorry, but until the guy dumps another can of bondo ontop of his handmade fibreglass there is no way this will ever come together as it has been monumentally poorly planned.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
I really don't know where to start.

How about the front.
The headlights don't line up with the bonnet, which doesn't line up with the wings (the wheelarch should be somewhere near round and ideally bearing some resemblance to the profile of the wheel) and the front bumper looks like a snowplough as, I'm guessing, its a direct mould of a genuine bumper and you haven't bothered to consider its size, angle or relationship to the rest of the car.
The swage lines between the wheelarches don't really bear any resemblance to the front or rear wings.
Why did you colour code the D-pillar? You ruined the floating roof effect which has been a Range Rover design cue since 1973.
And why did you make such an awful mess of it? What's going on with that black line at the bottom, did you mask it wrongly?
The rear bumper/light/wing combination doesn't work at all. The bumper is out of proportion for the p38 as it was designed for another vehicle (L322) which differs in size, shape and swage lines.
In short, what you have accomplished is an exercise in automotive "styling" which would make even Chris Bangle vomit.

Are those headlight masks for the p38, or an entirely different vehicle?
The grill you've paired them with is a retrograde step as it doesn't not integrate with the body in the way that the standard one does. Or in any way.

Your "hand made" interior makes no sense whatsoever.
You've covered the switch gear (how hard is it to turn the lights on?), the gages and bolted that big thing in front of the passenger which, unlike in an L322, doesn't follow through on the driver's side. You've also managed to put the centre vents, side vents, clock or bolsters on without lining any of them up with each other.
Why do the centre vents, and various other items, look like they have been covered in pva glue by an enthusiastic toddler?
And is that hole to the left of the centre vents supposed to be square?

Now I do understand the fake L322 steering wheel controls.
They are in that position so that when one of the poor quality body add-ons disintegrates at high speed and causes you to crash the explosive charge which inflates the airbag will propel them toward you at approximately 100mph and embed them in your face. That will render you blind and unable to see how appallingly ugly that thing is.

If you were an enthusiastic amateur who was determined to transform your p38 into an L322 we might be slight more constructive in our criticism, but you actually think people will pay you money for this cack.
Sane people.
People who can see.


And for what its worth, your spelling and grammar doesn't surprise me.
rrp38 said:
Hi a couple of things to bear in mind the interior is handmade out of fibre glass
although everybody is quick to judge criticised some people will like it some people won't like it but this is for you to enjoy
 

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Joined
·
2,492 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
rrp38 said:
...bear in mind the interior is handmade out of fibre glass...
Hand made does not mean anything when there is little fit and no finish. Quite frankly it looks like a grade school, PlayDoh Flintstones project. Nothing lines up, nothing is smooth, in line, level or even straight and some lines just end nowhere. Some items are just plain rediculous... two hazard switches, duplicate P38 and L322 radio controls on the steering and what is with the MarkIII cubby lid screwed to the top of the P38 cup holder lid? How is one to easily reach the P38 switches behind the wanna be MarkIII vent bar in the way?
:snooty: Sorry, but until the guy dumps another can of bondo ontop of his handmade fibreglass there is no way this will ever come together as it has been monumentally poorly planned.
You missed 2 cruise control switches and two foglights switches too. :lol:
If only one could put a 2nd V8 in my trunk. Imagine the face of the L322 owners, a range rover with 2 engines. :p
 

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Joined
·
2,492 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
I really don't know where to start.

How about the front.
The headlights don't line up with the bonnet, which doesn't line up with the wings (the wheelarch should be somewhere near round and ideally bearing some resemblance to the profile of the wheel) and the front bumper looks like a snowplough as, I'm guessing, its a direct mould of a genuine bumper and you haven't bothered to consider its size, angle or relationship to the rest of the car.
The swage lines between the wheelarches don't really bear any resemblance to the front or rear wings.
Why did you colour code the D-pillar? You ruined the floating roof effect which has been a Range Rover design cue since 1973.
And why did you make such an awful mess of it? What's going on with that black line at the bottom, did you mask it wrongly?
The rear bumper/light/wing combination doesn't work at all. The bumper is out of proportion for the p38 as it was designed for another vehicle (L322) which differs in size, shape and swage lines.
In short, what you have accomplished is an exercise in automotive "styling" which would make even Chris Bangle vomit.

Are those headlight masks for the p38, or an entirely different vehicle?
The grill you've paired them with is a retrograde step as it doesn't not integrate with the body in the way that the standard one does. Or in any way.

Your "hand made" interior makes no sense whatsoever.
You've covered the switch gear (how hard is it to turn the lights on?), the gages and bolted that big thing in front of the passenger which, unlike in an L322, doesn't follow through on the driver's side. You've also managed to put the centre vents, side vents, clock or bolsters on without lining any of them up with each other.
Why do the centre vents, and various other items, look like they have been covered in pva glue by an enthusiastic toddler?
And is that hole to the left of the centre vents supposed to be square?

Now I do understand the fake L322 steering wheel controls.
They are in that position so that when one of the poor quality body add-ons disintegrates at high speed and causes you to crash the explosive charge which inflates the airbag will propel them toward you at approximately 100mph and embed them in your face. That will render you blind and unable to see how appallingly ugly that thing is.

If you were an enthusiastic amateur who was determined to transform your p38 into an L322 we might be slight more constructive in our criticism, but you actually think people will pay you money for this cack.
Sane people.
People who can see.


And for what its worth, your spelling and grammar doesn't surprise me.
rrp38 said:
Hi a couple of things to bear in mind the interior is handmade out of fibre glass
although everybody is quick to judge criticised some people will like it some people won't like it but this is for you to enjoy
Hi Tim,

Fair criticism. 8)

When i see what those guys wants people to pay for their kits, it's ridiculous. :twisted:

Anyway, i'd like to submit that conversion to your expert eyes. :geek:



Cheers

Florent
 

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
Joined
·
9,244 Posts
I think the stereo surround cover (that is missing) tells the whole story. Looks like crap and belongs on a Ford Escort circa 1990

Martin
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top