RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have 2 remotes....

• one labelled CE 0682 with an exclamation mark in a circle and HUF/CEL Key 3 underneath it that locks, unlocks and starts the car fine
  • another that does the same but also super locks the car but the label is worn away on the back.
Any ideas why the second remote super locks and key '3' doesn't ? Should they be both the same ? Can I home do it ? Should I make key 3 super lock as well or downgrade the other key to the same or just ignore the differences ?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,174 Posts
You won't be able to 'downgrade' the other key as they are programmed at the factory.

What does each key do when you press the button once? and twice in quick succession?

It could be possible I suppose that the switch button in the Key 3 is a bit worn and it doesn't contact fast enough for it to send the superlock command through to the vehicle...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on one press they both lock the car, on a quick double lock press the unmarked super locks. Could it be upgrade to match key 2 so it super locks ? although from what i read I dont tbh shouldnt use super locking anyway. Is there an insurance knock on ?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,174 Posts
You won't be able to upgrade the one to be able to super lock unless its a case that the physical switch isnt reacting fast enough to send the super lock command. You might be able to get the FOB repaired to check the switches though..

I never superlock mine. As far as insurance goes, its still locked, alarmed, immobilised in the normal locked mode without superlocking it.

I've had mine broken into before and having it superlocked probably wouldn't have made a lot of difference anyway, in fact I'd they found they couldn't have opened the door, I wonder if they would have tried to pry it open and do more damage than just smashing a window! (Which I replaced for a whole £18!).

I personally think superlock is a bit of an overkill these days as the P38s aren't that desirable for people to nick it seems.. There are newer vehicles out there that are far more desirable!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True. I'll leave the receipts file on the dashboard :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts