Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I鈥檓 new to a Range Rover so chose a p38 4.6 V8, why not eh 馃槀
Only thing is the person I bought it from has lost not only the battery and cover off the fob (which isnt an issue)but also the battery bridge.
Could anyone please take a photo from all angles of one so my husband could make one for me 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you only have the one key, go to your local Timsons and get a key cut (it's a BMW blank), then send your fob here Repair refurbishment fix for Range Rover P38 remote flip key fob + new case
If you only have the one key, go to your local Timsons and get a key cut (it's a BMW blank), then send your fob here Repair refurbishment fix for Range Rover P38 remote flip key fob + new case | eBay
hi I messaged you on eBay about repair and you said I had to buy a second hand fob was the only way to get the bit I need.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi I messaged you on eBay about repair and you said I had to buy a second hand fob was the only way to get the bit I need.
Sorry I message the ones you suggested, not you personally and got told only thing is to buy second hand fob.

Administrator
That's odd as he has repaired fobs that have been completely mangled in the past. The new case comes with a new battery cover anyway so that isn't a problem and the bridge, if you mean what I think you mean, is just a short strip of metal. I suggest you just send it to him. If he can't fix it for whatever reason, he'll send it back and refund you, but I'd be very surprised if he can't fix it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's odd as he has repaired fobs that have been completely mangled in the past. The new case comes with a new battery cover anyway so that isn't a problem and the bridge, if you mean what I think you mean, is just a short strip of metal. I suggest you just send it to him. If he can't fix it for whatever reason, he'll send it back and refund you, but I'd be very surprised if he can't fix it.
Green Wood Font House numbering Motor vehicle
Green Wood Font House numbering Motor vehicle
This bit

Administrator
There's nothing missing there, that's what it should look like. Is that yours or a picture of one that you have found online? The only other bit is a strip of metal that fits into the edge of the battery cover to bear on the 'bridge' shown at the top of your picture.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's nothing missing there, that's what it should look like. Is that yours or a picture of one that you have found online? The only other bit is a strip of metal that fits into the edge of the battery cover to bear on the 'bridge' shown at the top of your picture.
That鈥檚 the bit I鈥檓 missing

Administrator
This Land Rover fjernbetjenings reparations stykke til Range Rover P38 n酶gle is what it looks like, although if you buy a genuine Land Rover replacement battery cover (rather than an aftermarket one at half the price), it comes with it, see STC4352 | KEY FOB BATTERY COVER - BLACK - P38 NEW RANGE ROVER | Land Rover | | Britcar (UK) Ltd (or go to your local Land Rover main dealer and ask for part number STC4352 at the same price). It might be worth getting the O ring that goes underneath it too, part number STC1867 which is a whole 77p inc VAT from Land Rover. With the cheaper aftermarket ones, you have to swap the metal strip that you don't have over into the replacement.

Once you have the two CR2025 batteries in the fob, you will need to sync it to the car. Later cars should do it automatically but don't always so it has to be done manually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts