Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered two spliced wires that go into the instrument panel, most probably for the Webasto heating system.

I removed both, as I could hear a faint sound coming from the instrument panel (like a small electric motor).

Upon removing both splices, the noise went away, but my instrument panel has lit up like a Christmas tree.

When I ground one of the wires again, the instrument panel works normally again, but the sound returns - which I suspect is draining my battery.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

I suspect the preheating system was connected to the BCEM as well... I just hate aftermarket upgrades.
Vehicle Gauge Motor vehicle Automotive design Car
Cable Electrical wiring Magenta Wire Electrical supply

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is coming from the instrument panel itself, but only when I ground one of the wires in the main plug connector going into the instrument panel.

If I remove this ground, the sound disappears, but the entire panel lights up like a Christmas tree.

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The two wires that have been spliced are Black Green, both of which go to the BECM.

The sound that is coming can very well be an aspirator, but I assume it should not be running when everything is switched off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts