1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Certainly a lot cheaper than the AWR6897 part from other places.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Let us know how the install goes and how well it works post install

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took a while to receive due to the Christmas period & had it sent to work which I only returned to yesterday.

Fitted last night. Was a little tricky, connection at one end of the strut is a little different in that it has a circular fixing hole, unlike the OEM which has an oblong fixing. I guess this allows for a little play. The glove box is quite flexible & I had some issues getting it to line up correct to clip shut. I added10 washers to each of the 2 bolts on the right base fitting to push it out. This also meant I had to uses a longer bolt for the fixture to get it bolted to the dash again.

Works fine, although the glovebox has to be held open to get into it, the gas strut pulls it shut. Better than being completely slack & falling on the passenger's shins though or falling open when off road.
IMG_3865.jpg IMG_3864.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just checked Amazon and they are all sold out with no ETA on new ones. I will probably put in an order when they come back in stock. My glove box stays closed, but it does not close up tight.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
If your glove is not staying closed tight you need to adjust your latch, not replace the strut. That would be like the tailgate rattling when closed and replacing the struts to fix the rattle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That makes sense. I have not paid much attention to it, since it is low on my priority list of things to fix. If there is a strut on mine, it is not functional. When I open the glove box, it just falls open, and it hangs down about an inch after it is latched back up.

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts