·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at altering the speedo data for bigger tires

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
The signal to activate the speedo is originated at the ABS wheel sensors, transmitted to the ABS ECU which then puts out a usable signal of 8000 pulses per mile or 4972 pulses per kilometer.

I believe the wheel sensors are hall effect.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There are some electronic units available for adapting digital speed sensors for different size tyres etc. Quite common in the nanny state of victoria where you can get your photo taken by an unmarked car behind a tree for 3km/h over the speed limit.

I would imagine you would be able to tap into the line between the ABS unit and the BeCM and insert the modified signal and no-one would be the wiser. Might be worth looking through rave to see where the ABS Speed output goes.

Stu

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A brand of those units told me it's unusual to use ABS sensor as speed sensors. Don't we have speedo sensors linked to the transmission,

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
The signal to activate the speedo is originated at the ABS wheel sensors, transmitted to the ABS ECU which then puts out a usable signal of 8000 pulses per mile or 4972 pulses per kilometer.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rrtoadhall said:
Strange setup, don't Know if we''ll be able to tweak that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts