RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey was up everybody so I have a 96 p38 and the drive shaft broke on me not too long ago but as the drive shaft broke it was hitting everything underneath the car (because it was in motion). So the problem is after the drive shaft broke my gear shifter got stuck on third gear and I figure that the drive shaft must had busted the gear linkage while it broke off I also took a look at the linkage and the lever that's connected to the trans and linkage (cable) looks bent I'm not sure if it's suppose to look like that or it was suppose to be striaght but Im just assuming that this is the case so if anybody has ever had this problem before or has any other idea on why it's stuck please let me know.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the cable. Curvature is normal, but a bend in it is not.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Not good hear what happened there....

Reason why Im replying is to point out what lack of correct maintenance can do

On a level surface and placing chokes on one wheel per axle opposite each other you can then inspect the prop shafts.
I have front and rear in stock fully refurbed and replace both if a vehicle comes in, very common and way over looked

1 - 3 of 3 Posts