RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried putting P38 front seats into a Classic? I have an old Classic and thinking about putting some used seats P38 front seats into them.

Have not tried taking it apart to do a test fit yet and wiring etc.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Wiring can always be worked around with not too much effort. However the Classic seats are on high risers where the P38 seats are on low risers bolted to a rise in the floor plate. THat too could be worked around, but as all Classic seats are interchangeable, have you thought about a set of 94 or 95 Classic seats with the heating and power bits?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
I find the Classic has better (or more comfortable) seats anyway. Why change them?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The leather seats are pretty done but I agree the Classic seats are very comfortable. Lots of tears at the seams...guess I could try to have it resowed but it will probably tear open again.

I found a pair of cheap P38 seats online and wanted to see if this is something feasible for a novice as a project...

·
Registered
318 Posts
have been asked to do this quite a few times and the problem is p38a seats are wider than a classic and with the arm rests fitted are even wider still so they are a no go! but have seen them fitted a to a old two door but that did not have a center console ans a low transmission tunnel due to being a old 4 speed unit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts