RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to locate the fuse(s) for the fog lights on 1996 P38?
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I’ve had a look and can’t see in any fuse box’s, so I’m wondering if there controlled by the becm ?

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
It is, there's no fuses for any of the lights, all the control is done in the BeCM. If it detects a short, it kills power to that circuit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. Yes, someone else just mentioned the same. I will take a look with the Nanocom. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
Why are you looking for a fuse? If the car didn't have fog lights and you have fitted some, along with the switch, they still won't work until you use the Nanocom to go into the BeCM settings and tell it they are fitted.

·
Registered
669 Posts
And if it has a ‘lowline’ Becm there isn’t the option as it’s “missing” an internal relay in this case simply use the wiring loom from fogs to becm purely as the wiring adding an external relay (screwed to the drivers seat frame with a stainless self tapper to create the earth. Exactly what I did on my first p38 a 1997 4.0 petrol se

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got the car as a project. Lights would not come one and since it had about 8 other burned fuses I figured that the fog lights may also have a burned fused. Yes, the lights are controlled by the BECM. Thanks for the response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts