Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me where the engine VIN plate is on a 96 4.6 HSE, I believe I may have a "Special Vehicle" and was told to ck this plate. I have a rare option for a 96, the fold town tables mounted on the rear of the front seats. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
640 Posts
The Picnic Tables were avaliable as a Accessory STC7659 for fittment to any Variant.

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info, I was told they are very rare and fetch as much as $800 each on the used market. Where can I find a list of all options and accessories that were available for each year. I searched rangerovers.net which is a very comprehensive site, but there was no mention of these tray tables as being available for any year or model. Thank again

·
Registered
640 Posts
If you search and download a copy of Rave some of the versions of this include a list of a lot of the Accessories avaliable, If you download Microcat as well this will also contain most of them.

Cheers

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
"Rare Option" jsut means most folks didn't have them installed. They are still available through Rimmer Bros in a variety of leather colours to match your seats. They just shipped a set to a buddy in Oregon and I have installed two sets from them.

Your engine number is stamped on the block where your dip stick tube meets the block.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
wanjman said:
can anyone tell me where the engine VIN plate is
Just above the left front headlight, on the 'radiator panel'. It's a black rectangle the size of a credit card.
The 'VIN number' (part of the info on the 'VIN plate') is also visible through the glass at the base of the windscreen, about a foot from the left hand side.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
paul.adshead said:
wanjman said:
Just above the left front headlight, on the 'radiator panel'. It's a black rectangle the size of a credit card.
The 'VIN number' (part of the info on the 'VIN plate') is also visible through the glass at the base of the windscreen, about a foot from the left hand side.
Odd, I don't have one of those. I;ve never seen one of those either. Over here we have EVAP, EPA and vacuum diagram stickers in that spot. Of course it is laser etched in the frame in the passenger wheel well but that is as close to the engine as I have ever seen it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
You can expect a NAS vehicle to be different.
If I Recall Correctly, from a similar thread more than a year ago, NAS vehicles probably have these labels on the trailing edge of one of the front doors, or perhaps on the opening into which the door fits. Drivers door (ie LHS) seems logical, but check both sides anyway :)
This is for the vehicle VIN and axle weights etc. I don't expect the engine number to be anywhere but on the engine, but as it's a V8 I don't know where on the engine.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
paul.adshead said:
wanjman said:
Finally got round to taking a few pics (info is located right in the centre of both images):

[attachment=1:3txcm8gr]VIN.plate.jpg[/attachment:3txcm8gr]

[attachment=0:3txcm8gr]VIN.jpg[/attachment:3txcm8gr]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Call your local dealership with the VIN. If they put it into MicroCat, it will come up with the vehicle details.

Usually (not always), there will be a Special Vehicles badge in the engine bay. I've recently seen a Tombraider 90 which was Special Vehicles, but did not have one of these badges. It did have the extra trim numbers above the VIN plate mounted on the brake servo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts