Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've been having problems with my 1997 4.0 SE P38.

It throws 'soft' faults regularly on the suspension, with no relevant issues read with EAS unlock suite. and lately it's been throwing 'hard' faults. I meticulously rebuilt the valve block and compressor, replaced every o-ring with the specific kits off eBay and lubricated them effectively. All went back together very well and no leaks were present with soapy water sprayed on at random intervals in the following week after repairs were complete. I've worked through every inch of the system looking for broken, bent, missing, fouled parts and I'm running out of ideas, and switching to coils is the absolute last thing I want to do to this beautiful machine. I'm not taking it to a dealer as I am currently attending school and can't afford it (my mistake for having a RR daily driver). I'm usually pretty handy at fixing it myself, but this issue has me stumped. Any nudge in the right direction of what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jesse B

·
Registered
898 Posts
Need some more information. What 'soft' faults are you talking about? Is one corner dropping more than another? Does the compressor run continuously? Have you checked each airspring at all levels with soapy water? Even rebuilding the valve block, you can have leaks. Did you change the o-rings in each grommet where the air lines plug into? Consider buying a manual inflation kit that isolates the airsprings from the valve block and has a pressure guage to monitor for leaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts