RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1997 DSE P38 is driving me crazy, got a wired EAS fault, all is good and the car goes up and down fine, however when driving along and it reaches 30mph for about 30 seconds Beep, Beep, Beep "EAS Fault" and all the lights come on on the switch.

I have swapped the relay and control box under the passenger seat, replaced ALL airbags (as couple failed and sagged overnight), swapped the valve block, compressor (twice) and control unit on the back of the valve block?

i have an isolator valve on the valve block to tank pipe and there is no loss of pressure overnight? (and no corner drops) with battery off

I have swapped 2 suspect ride height sensors (a front one as broken and rear right one) the other 2 look ok? - is there a way of testing with a multi meter?

i have bought a lead and run the EAS unlock software too from the PC and no luck

A friend on mine has plugged his snap-on solus pro in there and cleared all the error codes - nothing really there
when you view the settings in the solus pro the only odd thing is you see is the rear right valve is open (the other 3 are all closed)
I have swapped the solenoid and bit with the valve/o-ring for this side on the valve block too and it still does the same

runs fine everywhere up until 30mph? - i get no other errors on the dash other than EAS fault

its a 1997 DSE

thanks in advance to anyone who can suggest a solution?

Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 1997 DSE P38 is driving me crazy, got a wired EAS fault, all is good and the car goes up and down fine, however when driving along and it reaches 30mph for about 30 seconds Beep, Beep, Beep "EAS Fault" and all the lights come on on the switch.

I have swapped the relay and control box under the passenger seat, replaced ALL airbags (as couple failed and sagged overnight), swapped the valve block, compressor (twice) and control unit on the back of the valve block?

i have an isolator valve on the valve block to tank pipe and there is no loss of pressure overnight? (and no corner drops) with battery off

I have swapped 2 suspect ride height sensors (a front one as broken and rear right one) the other 2 look ok? - is there a way of testing with a multi meter?

i have bought a lead and run the EAS unlock software too from the PC and no luck

A friend on mine has plugged his snap-on solus pro in there and cleared all the error codes - nothing really there
when you view the settings in the solus pro the only odd thing is you see is the rear right valve is open (the other 3 are all closed)
I have swapped the solenoid and bit with the valve/o-ring for this side on the valve block too and it still does the same

runs fine everywhere up until 30mph? - i get no other errors on the dash other than EAS fault

its a 1997 DSE

thanks in advance to anyone who can suggest a solution?

Paul
The sensor speed for EAS is connected with instrument panel cluster, (stupid I know, but it's LR) if you have a malfunction on the cluster panel, that may affect the EAS work.
My suspension was going nuts, going up and down with no reason, replaced the cluster panel unit, and problem solved.
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
What height are you starting off at? If you are in access or high mode, after 30 seconds at over 30mph, it will try to rise (or drop) to standard height. Do you have the inhibit switch pressed in?

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
It sounds like there is a problem with the speed signal to the EAS. If it doesn't see a signal, or the signal isn't within the parameters for 30sec, you'll get an error. I had the same, also around 30mph. No idea how the EAS can know or guess the speed, but it does. Maybe the error is generated via the BECM, because it sees a problem with the outgoing speed signal.

Filip

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Speed signal for the speedo and the EAS (and various other things) comes from the ABS system, so if that has been messed with, it could cause a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
If the speedo on the dash is working correctly, the problem is unlikely to be the ABS or it's connection to the BECM. I's start by checking the connection between the BECM and EAS (yellow wire).

Filip

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
We've been fooled by the second poster answering a question that was actually asked five and a half years ago so pushing the original thread back to the top. I suspect he found the problem......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts