RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a problem with the rangie... :evil:
looks like the front diff seal has been leaking for a while and run dry... its howling like a werewolf on acid lol
been offered one off a m8 from a discovery axle that he says are the same?? but im unsure?
mines a 1996 2.5 dse , does anyone know what diffs off other landys i can get that fits?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW !!!!! fast replies on here :evil:
this has got to be one of the most un-helpfull forums ive ever been on . :shock:

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32957&hilit=diff may help with the end answer to your question. The 4.6 uses a 4 pin type whereas the M51 and 4.0 both use the 2 pin version. You can use a 4 pin version in the 4.0 or M51 version, so maybe look on ebay for another one if you are looking to go that way. Ashcroft Transmissions do a very good cost effective rebuilt option - http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/part_14.html - and that is where I'd go first before checking out the new 'Aftermarket' versions.

I suspect part numbers are different for the Disco and the p38. Land Rover has a special way of removing the ability to fit parts to another model in the range. Doesn't answer your question completely though. Either way it wouldn't be the 4 pin version, but as you are fitting to the M51 then it wouldn't be important anyway.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
xsuggs99 said:
WOW !!!!! fast replies on here :evil:
this has got to be one of the most un-helpfull forums ive ever been on . :shock:

We're so humbly sorry for not responding :pray:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts