RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

Has anyone encountered ghosts in their P38? 8-0=

Well I did. The locking mechanism is going crazy locking-unlocking-locking-unl..... when the car is unlocked.

It will allways unlock after 1-4 seconds and it will not stay locked. This is either driving or parked with engine off/keys out.

When I lock the doors the ghosts go to sleep. So it will not unlock itself in the parking lot.

It is really annoying.

Any ideas, please?

Thnx

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi to All I have had experienced this but always in the same place on a certain road, and I put it down to some one putting out a signal i.e. mini cab office, mobil phone mast etc. just a thought.
Best Regards sillyboy.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
150 Posts
I had this happen to me, and was locked inside the car for a couple hours.
I ended up using the key fob and cycling through power lock to unlock a few times
and it has not happened since. Cleaning sounds like a smarter idea - I might have
accident cleaned a small part by doing that.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Failing microswitches in one of the front door latches. See the top sticky from Marty_nz on how to test them and identify which one it is.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
The thread is 5 years old lol I'm pretty sure the OP isn't around these parts anymore

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
and the webpage he linked to no longer exists as it appears that over the last 5 years we've found out what actually causes it.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
The concept of saturating the latches in WD40 or whatever is nothing new and is a temp fix at best. I for one would much rather actually fix the issue instead of hoping not to be stranded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts