RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
After a few months of the car sitting idle I have just acquired a 325 TDS engine complete for £100 (Local breaker had it forever and doing a clear out).

Can anyone give me a blow by blow account of how easy / difficult it is to change the engine please?

From reading here I think I need to take the sump and oil pick up pipe from the Range rover engine and swap with the 325 Engine.

Is there anything else I need to swap ie ref aircon pump etc?

The car is an auto so I assume I have to release the torque converter first so that stays in place. I have a Workshop Manual but that shows removal with trans attached.

Any advice would be appreciated. I think it's about time the old girl breathed again!

Thanks

Ray

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's easy.

Just fit everything to your new block/head assembly.
(Alternator, PS pump, AC compressor, flexplate, injection pump if your is good, engine harness, manifolds, sump, oil pickup etc.)
I've done this two times, removal of engine takes few hours.
You have to remove radiator, battery tray, disconnect engine harness from computer(and few wires from fuse box).
Then remove intake manifold, starter motor(here you will find access to torque converter bolts). You don't have to drain PS system, just hang PS pump somewhere away from engine with wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts