RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,

Did I read somewhere here about utilizing an accumulator from a Hummer for the ABS sytem? I am doing some work on a Lexus Lx470 and that vehicle utilizes a similar accumulator for he active suspension and I want to see the similarities of the Rover, GM and Lexus accumulators in my shop for experimental purposes. Thanks for the input. Joe

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
It's a Saab accumulator some folks have substituted. If I remember correctly the Hummer accumulator had to have the threads recut for fitment.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,159 Posts
I thought it was the Saab (900?) pressure switch was the same? I didn't know there was the accumulator that was the same too..

Yes, Hummer ones needed the threads recutting, which I'd be dubious about on something that runs about 80bar...

There was a guy ahwile back who was talking about being able to recharge them - but haven't seen anything about that either in probably a couple of years!

The genuine LR/Wabco ones aren't too expensive - considering they probably last about 10 years.. I know a few owners in the US have found it cheaper (even with shipping/tax etc) to order from the likes of Island 4x4 in the UK, who ship internationally..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts