RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the disco 2 wheels and the P38 wheels interchangeable? And will you have to change the centre caps?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
JeremyD said:
Are the disco 2 wheels and the P38 wheels interchangeable? And will you have to change the centre caps?
Fully interchangeable, including caps and bolts.
Some P38a's were even fitted with the typical DII alloys when new.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I have the 16" wheels on my P38 if I put the 18" Hurricanes on from a Disco would I need to calibrate anything or change anything and would there be a difference in the speedometer reedings.Lastly would it affect my VC at all?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
JeremyD said:
Ok I have the 16" wheels on my P38 if I put the 18" Hurricanes on from a Disco would I need to calibrate anything or change anything and would there be a difference in the speedometer reedings.Lastly would it affect my VC at all?
You won't have to calibrate anything. In fact, there's nothing you CAN calibrate, unless you'd want to lift the EAS for bigger tyres.
The rims don't make a difference, not for the speedo and not for the VC.
The tyres on the rims can make a difference, standard fitment, both for a P38a and a DII, on a 16" is 235/70 or 255/65, on an 18" that would be 255/55, which gives the same overall diameter.
For the VC you want not only the same size, but also the same brand, type and wear front and rear to make sure the rolling diameter is identical.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
And for some odd ball reason wrong tyre selection on 18" rims like to produce the death wobble too.

I went from Disco 3 17" rims to the original 16" rims and solved the monor shake I had but I did also replace wheel bearings at the same time...

·
Registered
405 Posts
I found out the hard way that Disco I and P38 wheels are not interchangeable (or so is my understanding) after the purchase. Any light to lead me otherwise would be greatly appreciated, as I picked up these rims for 150 bucks! (5 of them, great shape!)

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Disco I, Defender and Classic wheels are interchangeable. Only Disco II rims are interchangeable with P38.

·
Registered
401 Posts
kmagnuss said:
16's from a Disco are on mine as we speak. The hurricanes are in the garage.
Has the garbage truck come yet? I want one!

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Nah. Just saving them until I wear through these tires (the 16's) then I'll probably go back to 18's for the street and toss the 16's with BFG MT's for hunting season.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts