RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've had my P38 for quite a while now. It has the original speakers (no Harman&Kardon) and it has an aftermarket head unit. Now i want to replace the speakers because they really have seen better times. Anyways i am wondering if it is even necessary for me to get a new amplifier or if the amplifiers that are installed at each door are good enough for the new speakers. If i should install a new one, has anyone of you guys figured out a good place to put it?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
417 Posts
Find a lower milage p38 and replace the speakers. I have the HK system and it still sounds great. It was broken for years so I got lucky.
I have a LR bass out but it still sounds great.

·
Super Moderator
2,084 Posts
Door amps are perfectly good enough. I had one door speaker with a seized coil and the other had a split cone. Replaced them with JBL 600C speakers, made a hell of a difference.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Since most after market car stereos usually have fairly substantial amps I wounder how this works with the door amps?

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Hey guys, i've had my P38 for quite a while now. It has the original speakers (no Harman&Kardon) and it has an aftermarket head unit. Now i want to replace the speakers because they really have seen better times. Anyways i am wondering if it is even necessary for me to get a new amplifier or if the amplifiers that are installed at each door are good enough for the new speakers.
what year and model of P38? there are vast differences between model years and trim levels. Also your location for market differences

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you are using an aftermarket with amps you need one of these. Works great with HK system.
WP_20150127_005.jpg

·
Registered
359 Posts
You want as least as possible stuff in your audio system, keep it "clean" and simpel, + to + and - to -.
Treble and bass on 0, leave it like that for a while, so you get used to it, and the audio system needs to break in too, believe it or not, and your radio sounds the best!

I've got an Alpine head unit with the stock Harman Kardon, and I'm impressed how a stock system can sound, especially when I keep in mind it's 23 years old.

Mine didn't come with a sub, but even without a sub there's enough low, how much low does the stock sub add?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, i've had my P38 for quite a while now. It has the original speakers (no Harman&Kardon) and it has an aftermarket head unit. Now i want to replace the speakers because they really have seen better times. Anyways i am wondering if it is even necessary for me to get a new amplifier or if the amplifiers that are installed at each door are good enough for the new speakers. If i should install a new one, has anyone of you guys figured out a good place to put it?

Review more amplifier modeling in this link to find the one you may concern.
If you have new amplifier, install it underneath seat is one of the best choice. Because this will keep your amp out of sight and leave your car looking factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts