RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected the horns, so not bothering neighbors in middle of night.
But now the lights flash, and the battery is drained.
I don't need this stupid system.
There doesn't seem to be a fuse allocated to it.
Any ideas out there?
Thanks.
Kevin in Minneapolis
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
3,110 Posts
Alarm can't be disabled but the dash should tell you what triggered it. Then deal with the cause.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I disconnected all the dash warning lights - they were all on all the time - stupid british electrics. The car actually ran better after that - my mechanic said I'd cut the conversation between the computer and the engine. I like things simple. All I need is the temp gauge. So no ideas how to unplug something or pull a fuse?

·
Super Moderator
3,110 Posts
All cars sold worldwide from 1994 had to have an alarm and immobiliser that was integrated with the car so can't be disconnected. Yes, you can unplug the siren so it doesn't make a noise but that doesn't stop the alarm being triggered. If you've not got a working dash then you won't see the message that says, 'Alarm Triggered' LHF Door, Tailgate, Bonnet, etc. You're on your own with that one.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
137 Posts
Under the panel in the back of the right rear of the car is a radio unit. I cut the antenna wire on mine, left about 3 inches. The remote works but you have to be close to the car. It gets triggered by garage door openers etc and drains the battery. By shortening the antenna, you reduce the sensitivity of the unit. Do not confuse this wire with the radio antenna wire.

·
Super Moderator
3,110 Posts
That will cause the battery to go flat but not set the alarm off. If he's castrated the rest of the electrics, I suspect he isn't using the fobs either so he may as well disconnect the receiver completely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts