RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rubbish at being able to find answers on the net so apologies if the answer is staring me in the face!!!!! 1997 P38 no aircon when I bought it a year ago - compressor works when jumpered and after a bit of dismantling I've discovered the condenser is shot with mutlitple corrosion holes to the top left - being a Yorkshire (UK) lad I want A/C but 'inexpensively' - question is can I in the real world expect to get some more life out of the system by fitting a condenser, new drier/receiver and recharging with 134A? So far what I've read the system needs vaccing to remove moisture etc, new O rings (no idea how long the system has been U/S so new gas make just spew out from brittle seals anyway!) Also from my readings I need to add replacement ester oil (better than PAG ??) Q here is a) how much and b) how is it introdiuced in the system????

Again sorry for numpty status it's early!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
It takes .32 US Pints (@110 ml) of Sanden SP10 oil.
I normally just pour it into the ports where the A/C lines go when I install a new compressor.
Be sure to spin the compressor over @10 times by hand to spread the oil around inside it.

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Yer welcome mate. :thumb:

Martin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts