RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired and started over revving (2500rpm) in neutral and park. It's not throwing up any error codes but diagnostics show outside temp as -39. Managed to get hold of a new air temp sensor and replaced but still showing same temp.
It's only doing about 10 to the gallon.
Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Which sensor did you replace and how are you reading the codes? The high revs probably means it just needs the adaptive values resetting which needs a dedicated tool like a Nanocom, Faultmate or similar. Where in the UK are you as there may be someone nearby who has one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the sensor on the air filter box. I had someone run the diagnostics for me at an independent garage.
I'm near Chelmsford in Essex. Thanks

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Sensor for HEVAC OAT (the one that's reporting -39C) will either be inside the heater intake plenum throat or sticking out of the LH front of the rad.
The sensor on the air filter box is for intake air temperature for the engine management system.
Check for air leaks on the inlet side of things, clean Idle Air Control Valve, check TPS for correct resistance and smooth change across the range. As mentioned above, resetting the Adaptive Values may help

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Just a clarification?
The temp being read is the Engine Air Intake temp? Not HVAC temp, which will be displayed on the HVAC controller as well?
I have noted that when the HVAC sensor is disconnected, it will default to -40, so it would be logical to assume (Dangerous with a P-38) that if the sensor for the air intake was removed, damaged, or connected by faulty plug or wiring somewhere, it would also default to -40 Check connections and condition of plug and wiring. Then, as OB says, try a reset of the the adaptive values.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I share Richards view my RR started idling at 1500 and shifting strangely at 3000 rpms from first, I could not find anything wrong. I watched some Atlantic British video and
he said sometimes you just have to reset adaptive values so I reset them and Range Rover runs perfect again.
Good luck resetting them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts