RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new in the forum, I have owned my P38 for 2 years and it’s running great . It mostly sits in my garage it’s my summer weekend car. But I need help this car was custom made in CANEPA in scotts valley and when I bought it, it came with a rimmer supercharger that was removed and I wanted to re install it but any one knows anything about this or has done it? Or has a manual lol anything would help

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Usually some work needs to be done to the engine management software to add a supercharger. Do you have any sign of modified ECM? Why don't you go to Canepa for information?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello everyone I am new in the forum, I have owned my P38 for 2 years and it’s running great . It mostly sits in my garage it’s my summer weekend car. But I need help this car was custom made in CANEPA in scotts valley and when I bought it, it came with a rimmer supercharger that was removed and I wanted to re install it but any one knows anything about this or has done it? Or has a manual lol anything would help View attachment 285060 View attachment 285061 View attachment 285062 View attachment 285063

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have reached out to CANEPA they are looking for the papers on it. I have a controller by the motor that says fuel and timing. And also have extra lines and fuel injector taped up to the side.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nobody removes a well performing part from a car, that's my experience at least.
There was a reason someone removed it.
I know this doesn't really help with your question, but I think you're opening yourself up to some serious pain by trying to fit the supercharger.
Good luck if you decide to go ahead.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody removes a well performing part from a car, that's my experience at least.
There was a reason someone removed it.
I know this doesn't really help with your question, but I think you're opening yourself up to some serious pain by trying to fit the supercharger.
Good luck if you decide to go ahead.
I am curious so I just had to try and if it don’t work I will put it all back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Usually some work needs to be done to the engine management software to add a supercharger. Do you have any sign of modified ECM? Why don't you go to Canepa for information?
Wonder what mods were done to the heads fitting a roots type blower usually involes lowering the CR by fitting plates or low compression pistons or she'll go BANG maybe taken off as couldnt get it sorted like needing extra fuel via extra port injectors . Can the engine take the extra power interested to see if it works

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea about the heads but it does have a fuel management box with an extra injector to spray to add more fuel in wide open throttle. I will get a picture later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So today I put a lot on
got the throttle and the 2 sensors in and I mounted the supercharger but it was not aligned with the pulleyI think o need to put belt on to tighten it little more?

·
Registered
1999 P38 vogue
114 Posts
If you're fitting that to a stock 4litre then it won't last long ---- you need to lower the compression ratio either pistons or head gasket work Also if engine was set up for supercharger it would run crap without it ? due to low compression ---- not to mention possible different cam as some engines that are supercharged have different cam durations

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I have a fuel controller 1 wire is hooked up which powers everything and connects to 9th injector but there is a vacuum line. Do you know where it needs to go? Any help would be helpful.

·
Super Moderator
1,933 Posts
I'd agree. Presumably it looks at the manifold vacuum or pressure and alters the fuel flow depending on how much boost there is.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
It's for a MAP-sensor (manifold absolute pressure) and should be connected after the supercharger. Preferably in the common part before the intake runners.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts