RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I was leaving work today, I noticed the Amber engine light illuminated on my dash. I didn’t see any warning messages, so I made the short drive home and got my OBD diagnostic device to see what’s up.

It picked up code P2400 EVAP system leak detection pump control circuit/open . Not quite sure what that meant so I googled it and it doesn’t seem to be too serious of an issue to cause real damage. Anyone else have insight on this? Going to call dealer for an appointment tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To close the loop on this - turns out that a fault was found with the evaporative emission canister, where there was contamination. They replaced it, cleared engine codes, updated PCM, and we were good to go.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To update this thread, a couple days after the service, the check engine light came back on. I made an appointment which was a week out from when I first got the light. And get this - the day before the service, the light goes away. They are still going to check on this issue.

On another note, the temp around here was 14 degrees and it’s messing with the door latches on my soft close doors. Messing with it to the point of the vehicle alarming after I lock the car and walk away. They’ll be looking at this as well during today’s service visit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts