RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 L322 SC 108,XXX (bought it at 59k).

I started getting P0297 - Post Cat Trim Too Rich Bank 1 about 2 months ago and I cannot get rid of it.

I am hoping RoverGuy7 (Dave) can give some input - you have helped me numerous times as I lurk your posts.

I have replaced the following:

Air filter
All 4 O2 sensors
MAP
MAF
PCV
PCV tube (valve cover to throttle body)
SC Air Ducts
SC gaskets (to manifold)
Head to Air charger gaskets (both)
All injectors
All Coils
All Plugs
Engine Oil Filler Tube (was leaking)
BG 44k (twice)
BG EPR (once)
Hard Reset Adaptions numerous times

Additionally info: The oil gets gassed, so bad that it thins out and the lifters start tapping on Bank 1 (I believe this to be pass side NA vehicle). I change the oil and it stops. Then the oil gets gas logged again in about 2 weeks.

I have used a laser to check the cats, 650 degree f pre and post cat. So I assumed that it is fine. I am about to change the pass side cat to be sure, but before I do can anyone offer some guidance? Below are other mechanical changes I have made to this Rover just for reference, but should not have anything to do with this issue.

New alternator / battery
New AC system (complete end to end)
New Water pump/reservoir/hoses
New Power Steering Pump/Rack/hoses (this is the worst job I have ever done - sucked!)
All new front Suspension
Johnson Rods / Running 285/50/20 Terra Grap II / Redbourne Nottingham
Trans pan upgrade / fluid change

I love my truck and I am a very capable hobby mechanic, but I am at a loss here. Please help. I can only think I may have a hidden exhaust manifold leak or bad cat. Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts