RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, i have the p1412 and p1415 codes.
I've changed the solenoid, both valves, installed new vacuum lines.
When i start my p38, the sai pump turns on and runs for about a min.
Seems to be working fine, but i still get the codes.

I've searched and searched, and i dont know what else to do...

Any suggestions?
I read that the 02 sensors might be an issue, but I replaced those as well.

Alex

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have a P1415 that will not go away either on my 2000 4.6 P38. NEW: combi valves (both), pump, solenoid, vacuum loom... pretty much everything... Replaced both upstream O2 sensors about 2 weeks ago, but my downstream sensors are oldish... Thing is, the OBDII has several mechanisms for monitoring the health of O2 sensors and (please correct me if I am wrong on this, but) the measure of the air pump efficiency is simply based on a timed period from when the car starts until when the downstream sensors start reading correctly meaning that the cats have fired off...

Banging my head here as well... Any insight will be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had the exact same prob as the original post. It didn't make sense that I was getting a code for both sides not working unless it was solenoid. But after replacing the solenoid to no avail,I wanted to inspect the whole system so I wasn't needlessly replacing parts such as the SAI valves and so on. My problem turned out to be the vacuum reservoir. I had roughly constant vacuum from the intake manifold, but no vacuum from the reservoir. I took an 8" piece of spare 6mm airline hose I happened to have, and connected the hoses that were going to the reservoir, therefore bypassing it. I reset the codes and they haven't come back since. I was able to pass emissions and everything is running like normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the exact same prob as the original post. It didn't make sense that I was getting a code for both sides not working unless it was solenoid. But after replacing the solenoid to no avail,I wanted to inspect the whole system so I wasn't needlessly replacing parts such as the SAI valves and so on. My problem turned out to be the vacuum reservoir. I had roughly constant vacuum from the intake manifold, but no vacuum from the reservoir. I took an 8" piece of spare 6mm airline hose I happened to have, and connected the hoses that were going to the reservoir, therefore bypassing it. I reset the codes and they haven't come back since. I was able to pass emissions and everything is running like normal.
I just bypassed the vacuum reservoir, ill po
st if it did the trick. It'll take at least a tank to see if the engine light pops back up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Non engine light still!! This took forever to figure out, especially since i made the terriblr assumption that the vacuum reservoir shouldn't go bad. Now time for a magnaflow exhaust!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts