Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleared my check engine light ran my "p38 98 gem engine" for few days and now p1314 (Misfire Catalyst Damage Fault Bank B) came up mind you car is running pefectly fine ...

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,253 Posts
Cleared my check engine light ran my "p38 98 gem engine" for few days and now p1314 (Misfire Catalyst Damage Fault Bank B) came up mind you car is running pefectly fine ...
Huh?
Perfect example where grammar, hell maybe just a period or comma here and there, would make it so we can understand your post without having to read it three times.
What did you clear the check engine light for initially?
What are you asking exactly?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Huh?
Perfect example where grammar, hell maybe just a period or comma here and there, would make it so we can understand your post without having to read it three times.
What did you clear the check engine light for initially?
What are you asking exactly?
:clap:
Yeah, the texting generation!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P1314 need help

I changed catalytic converter on my Range Rover 98 and p1314 code still pops back up. Need help?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,253 Posts
Re: P1314 need help

So you went from this thread
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-range-rover-mark-ii-p38/215082-p1314-what-should-i-do.html
To replacing the cat?
The cat was never the problem, the code was saying it may get damaged due to a MISFIRE.
So you replaced a whole cat and still have the root cause of the problem basically.
There are various threads about this code. If you go back to the P38 page, there is a search box in the upper right, just above the stickies etc.
Click that, then type "P1314". It will then bring up the many threads relating to this code. Look through them.
It's hard to accurately diagnose over the internet, when we cant look at the live data etc.
You need to see what is causing the misfire first.
And before anyone says it, yes these forums do exist to help fellow owners. But those owners have to make a little effort to allow us to help them (and type legibly looking at your prior post). I would say to look at the data the rear o2 sensors are giving back, ignition coils/plugs/leads, vacuum leaks.
Martin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car is running perfectly fine and I did a tune up about 3 months ago.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,253 Posts
Re: P1314 need help

OK, and yet you still have the code.....
What is your definition of a "tune up"? How long after this tune up did the code pop up?
These rigs are very sensitive to coils and plug wires. If you used cheap of either (if you replaced them), you're asking for trouble. Good leads are a requirement on any European vehicle, the cheapest junk that Autozone, Oreilly's, etc have, dont last.
So we are here shooting in the dark basically. As you only now say you did a "tune up", but with no definition of what you did, what parts were used, when the code popped up, etc.
The more YOU give, the better we can help. It's as simple as that.
Did you bother looking up the codes with the search function??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts