RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 2004 RR HSE, 135000 mi i bought used and have did work to now im getting P0301 constantly with no sign of cure help if you can.

Past 2 month and 2000 miles:

8-bkr6equp spark plugs
valve cover gaskets
Changed belts
changed oil
replaced battery

Had slight oil leak, replaced line from oil separator to oil pan.

Had white smoke at start up, replaced PCV valve, line from PCV to oil pan, PCV gasket, front intake gasket, cleaned throttle body, checked rear oil hoses and connections, when finished ran sea foam in system for 5 minutes while idlining.

Ran great and better for a week.

Now cylinder 1 misfire and random misfire, bought 2 new ignition coils and replaceed all spark plugs, swaped coils and boots, all boots read from 1.8k to 2.1k. So moved coils around, replaced all plugs, even sprayed carb cleaner near intake, also disconneted the MAF from air filter box then reconnected, checked valve cover bolts also.

No Help i can clear it, start car with a mis. about out of ideas and ideas will help THANKS in advance.

Also had 12.6 volts off, 13.7 running, with mis fire console lights was dimming a little, have not did a load test yet either.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Run through the electrical stickie above and post back your test results.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok got home, bat voltage 12.6 from postive to various grounds, load test good.

Ok bad news
In front of the vehicle faceing the vehicle the left side or passenger side I got:
Cyl#1-0
Cyl#2-140
Cyl#3-60
Cyl#4-130

Ok did driver front cyl
Cyl#5-125

Ok what should be my next step.
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok add 10w-30 oil to cylinder 1, let motor run for few minutes. Compression came up to 50-60 psi. Any help on where to start, next???

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,004 Posts
next step is a leak down tester on CYL 1 to see where the air is going out the intake or the exhaust or the crankcase,
I wonder if the BG flush may have damaged something,
normally the BG is used for the older Rover engined trucks the BMW engine not so much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts