Range Rovers Forum banner

P1173 after changing O2 sensor

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Keralis 
#1 ·
I recently changed my drivers side rear O2 sensor after getting multiple CELs indicating the heater was not working on the sensor (cant recall the specific code). I ended up having to have my mechanic replace the sensor as I could not get it to budge. They ended up having to put a new bung as the top of the old sendsor broke off (and still remains in the exhaust)

Admittedly I used a cheapo sensor as I have had decent luck in the past with other cars. Now I am getting the P1173 code which points at the new sensor as well as I have read PCV hoses. Should I replace the new sensor with a higher quality one such as a bosch (dealer wants $200 +) before tearing into the PCV hoses? Seems to be too much of a coincedence that it would not be the new sensor.

#2 ·
I recommend going with the OE or OEM sensors, they can be had at "low" prices if you look around here on the wonderful internet. Just typing in "2003 oem range rover o2 sensor" yielded a Bosch at $59 from Partsgeek.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.