Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been reading and searching for months but couldn't find anything. I have a 2007 Range Rover HSE 4.4L Jag Engine. Car would jerk every now and then from a stop after accelerating and then couple weeks later went into limp mode and wouldn't go more than 10mph. Wouldn't even go up my sloped driveway. Had the check engine light on, scanned code and came with a p0741. Changed the transmission pan and gasket , no metal shavings. Oil was pretty dark tho. Filled with ZF Lifeguard 6 fluid. Drove it couple hours later and drove like new!! Erased the codes and went on.
The very next day still had the transmission fault limited gears message and wouldn't go faster than 10mph. Took it around the block and went 30mph eventually but wouldn't go up the driveway again. Also could smell something burnt from the underside of the car. Hadn't drove the car months prior to this so no clue what it could be. Turned it off and back on and went back up fine. Brought the code reader and came with a p0736 code reverse incorrect ratio. Any help on how I could get started going about this ? Local mechanic shop charges $150 just to tell me the possible codes which I know, so trying to figure out if this is a torque converter gone bad? Or would I need to have the transmission rebuilt? I'm 23 and I don't have money to blow on a new tranny so trying to be sure of what I would need to buy before trying anything.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2006 Land Rover range Rover my I have a feeling my lower control arms might be causing the problems because when I stop my tire moves a little bit backwards on my front driver side

1 - 2 of 2 Posts