RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
2006 Sport non s/c. I looked under the hood for what I thought was the Purge valves, hit them a couple of times with my screw driver and then unplugged the battery and the rehooked it up and the code went away for now. I have a world class junk yard called Landrovers Land in Sun Valley about 20 minutes from me. What part should I go buy from them that will allow me to change out this purge valve and or egr valve and or gas cap? I checked my gas cap its not leaking and tight.

ANy help from my forum brothers and sisters would be greatly appreciated. Pictures are awesome if anyone has any of this valve and how to change it out. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Thanks everyone.

Mark
South Pasadena, CA

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
75 Posts
Re: P0441 Code Evaporative Emission System Incorrect Purge Flow

No prob man I had the same code come up its a purge valve under the throttle body there are two quick disconnect lines on either side. Basically its a purge valve with a flap inside and over time it stops working. There is a plug that runs to it you have to feel around with your hands almost impossible to see it unless you take out the throttle body. There are two screws that hold it onto a bracket that will need to come out as well as the plug and the disconnects the lines on either side. Once installed you will have to clear the code I attatched a picture for you since it can be a bit confusing it took me all of 20 min to do not a big deal here is the part number MAP 500180 thats from the Land rover packaging. Hope this helps! Josh
P.S. dont buy a used one you will just have to do it again it was $80 for a new one AND also dont hit things with screwdrivers these trucks arent 1950 fords that wont work!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thank you Aspenone! I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll locate the throttle body and be able to find the part at my local dealer and switch it out.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
75 Posts

No prob man hope it all works out. You can also find the part online I've noticed. It will be in the back of the motor under the throttle body you will have to feel for it.
Josh

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)

Is what I have circled The evaporative purge valve? The reason I ask is that I picked up the part at the dealership and the ends of the new piece dont match up to the old piece and I dont know how to connect them. also how do I take the old valve off? Any help would be great....
IMAG0587.jpg IMAG0590.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Those instructions are perfect! I wasnt sure what I was dealing with....Thank you for the help.

I know now that my purge valve end connection is different than the part I got at the dealer. I will messaround with it and see if I can use the old connection on the end of the hose with the new purge valve.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Must you go to a range rover dealer to have a purge valve replaced? I was recently quoted $998 to have the dealer do it. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

No, buy the part and any Indy shop can replace it. Shop around and the part is cheap if you go to the right land rover shop to buy it. I can help you install it but your hands will get dirty. Pm me if you want to go that route.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts

The purge valve is much more labor intensive to replace on SC vehicles then on NA ones. So if you end up calling around for price, make sure they know what model you have before you choose a shop to do the work.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Where are you seeing just the valve for this vehicle?

And if you can find the correct one, then yes, and no. The lines to/from it are formed plastic, so you would have to cut them and use something to reconnect. The connections also need to be near perfect in order to not create other issues. A leak between the charcoal canister and the valve will cause a fuel vapor leak, and a leak between the valve and the intake manifold will give a vacuum leak.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts