RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, my wife and I just picked up a 2016 used range rover sport supercharged v8 with about 50k miles. Driving it today literally one week from when we got it and got a check engine light. Ran the code and it popped up as P0430 catalyst below threshold bank 2. Car still drives fine, is this normal for only 50k miles?? Would it be covered under warranty? We did get the certified pre owned so they extended the warranty another 2 years. I did notice the light didn't appear until after I jumped in and started it and pulled away right away leaving the store but didn't think that would cause it. Please let me know your thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Garcia,

P0430 can be caused by a number of things such as (but not limited to):
  • Exhaust system leakage
  • Catalytic converter failure caused by lean combustion
  • Catalytic converter failure caused by a misfire
  • Catalytic converter failure caused by excessive oil consumption
  • Catalytic converter failure caused by contaminated fuel
If your retailer's diagnosis points towards a catalytic converter failure on bank 2, this would be covered under the emissions performance warranty that for most markets is set to 8 yeras/80,000 miles (whichever occurs first).

Hope this helps,

Vincent

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
98 Posts
I got this code at 38k 2016 RRS Auto PO042 just a different sensor .reset it twice and came back, And it was bad 02 sensor ,the dealer replaced it (it is covered )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update too it in their replacement both the catalytic converter and 02 sensors unneeded warranty

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts