RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for my first post...

I want to say thanks to everyone who post the DIY posts. I’ve leaned on those through the years.

I do most of my own wrenching on my 2006 RR hse. From normal maintenance to air suspension replacement and control arms low pressure fuel pump. Etc. I admittedly “contract out” what I can’t do like charge the AC system etc.

The knowledge here is very helpful. Thank you

However. I’ve been battling a coolant leak for a month or so now. Started slow. Seems to be getting worse. If I drive it, daily I loose a pint glass a day at least now. No real visible leak. Only drips I see are coming from the back of the engine off the bell housing. but that could be the AC dripping. It’s been running a lot in 90+ degree weather.

Yesterday I got a host of misfires.
P0300 P0305 P0306 P0316
And a “reduced engine performance” text
I believe cylinder 5 and 6 are on opposite banks of this Jag engine. For those to happen at the exact same time is prob not good.

I’m out of town for work and the rover is at the airport so I can’t do anything for a few days except get a plan together.

Anybody have ideas where to start when I get home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update.

I switch the 2nd and 3rd coils packs on the passenger side but it made no change.

Same thing on the drivers side changes the misfire location.

One new coil pack resolved the misfires on both banks. Apparently they are paired up somehow. 2 misfires and only one bad coil.
It was also a good time for 8 new plugs while I was in there.

Also I was able to pressurize the coolant system and coolant came pouring out the rear of the engine area. So I hunted for the leak extensively and finally found one.

There was a short plastic coolant connector located under the throttle body at the front of the engine. It was leaking on top of the engine near the front but running down the center of the engine and over the back. I had to disconnect quite a lot of things on the top of the engine for the repair so it took some time but all in all it could have been much worse.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Just an update.

I switch the 2nd and 3rd coils packs on the passenger side but it made no change.

Same thing on the drivers side changes the misfire location.

One new coil pack resolved the misfires on both banks. Apparently they are paired up somehow. 2 misfires and only one bad coil.
It was also a good time for 8 new plugs while I was in there.

Also I was able to pressurize the coolant system and coolant came pouring out the rear of the engine area. So I hunted for the leak extensively and finally found one.

There was a short plastic coolant connector located under the throttle body at the front of the engine. It was leaking on top of the engine near the front but running down the center of the engine and over the back. I had to disconnect quite a lot of things on the top of the engine for the repair so it took some time but all in all it could have been much worse.
I thought the cylinders were 1 - 4 on the right (passenger) side, and 5 - 8 on the left (driver) side? If so, 5 & 6 would be the middle two on the drivers side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
03rangiemark
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing