RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
14 Posts
Hello,

I am getting a check engine light and code P0128-00 E8 Coolant thermostat /coolant temperature below thermostat regulating temperature. I have replaced thermostat and it appeared to be bad as seal was folded over. Still was throwing code so I replaced the coolant temp sensor. It still doesn't seem to be reaching proper temp, maxing out around 68 degrees Celsius.

The radiator cooling fan seems to be running all the time. Is this normal or should it only run at a certain temp?

I have the Gap Diagnostic tool to monitor and check ecu's

The temperature here right now is around +8 degrees Celsius

Anyone dealt with this issue? Any suggestions on where to go next?

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,824 Posts
Care to tell us what year and model you are referring to and what engine? Of course if you had it in your signature like the guidelines suggest we would not have to ask.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
You may have an issue with you OCMV sticking open. It controls coolant flow through the transmission fluid and engine coolers and will cause a P0128 to set due to the extra coolant flow through the radiator. The part number is: PCH 501310

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After doing some more research I ordered and received part# PCH501310 but I can't seem to find the location of it anywhere on my 07 RRS? Can anyone confirm whether this part is on the RRS and LR3's. Maybe it is only fitted to the 4.4 in the full size Rang Rover. Some listings show it as fitting the RRS but not all.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts