Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a weird situation. I took a good running rover and swapped the MAF Sensor and the intake tube onto mine with codes P0103 and P0113. After clearing codes, they came right back. I then took my Intake tube and MAF Sensor and installed it on the donor car and no codes, so we can rule that out My MAF sensor and Intake tube.

The symptoms of my car are very low RPM's, sometime dies, until put in gear; then unsteadily idles at around 600-800rpm. If i come to a stop, and attempt to take off, the throttle is hesitant and bucks. Also, TERRIBLE Gas Mileage.

In my diagnosis, I started the car with the Maf Sensor harness unplugged, and the car had the same symptoms as with it plugged in. When i tried to plug the harness back in, the car would die.

Is there anything else I can check. P0103 is a Mass air flow sensor fault, P0113 is an IAT Sensor fault, but the two are integrated. I would next attempt to check resistance and ohm readings of the MAF connector, but i don't know what values I should get. I took the little plastic wire protector off the MAF Harness and the wires all look fine (not frayed or loose). I also sprayed this connector with contact spray, and that didn't help either.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey 03Rangie. I came here to give an update on the issue and saw your post. In the event anyone has this issue; i was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. It is a 2003 4.4 range rover. It turned out I had a very intense leaking injector. Replaced and now the problem is solved. Sometimes codes can be misleading; in my case very misleading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.