RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, have a 5.0 supercharged. I've had to replace the timing chain tensioners on my truck. The job is an absolute nightmare. Having put it all back together and taking my time in doing so, it runs but shows the fault code p0018 and p2185. I've checked and re checked that it has been timed up correctly and it has, but still keeps showing these fault codes. I've swapped the two camshaft sensors around to see if one was faulty but it made no difference. Also, I've only replaced the tensioners and not the chains. Could these have stretched? They seem man enough not to, so I left them. I've read in various places that these 5.0 V8's are a pig to time, but I've followed workshop procedure and used genuine RR tools for locking up etc.

Has anyone ever done this themselves or had issues timing up after a strip down?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
10 Posts
I did a tensioner & guides. I'm having BK1 timing off. I am in the process of another tear down. Timing Off?!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
121 Posts
what a bummer. I have a 08 with the jag 4.2 and did chains, guides, tensioners and VVT sprockets. Got cams out of time codes also at start up. after ran about 1/2 hr to check coolant level and using a code reader to erase the codes never came back on. Don't know if tensioners or sprockets needed pumped up but been running good for about a month now.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,944 Posts
I had the dealer do chains guides and 4 new sprockets on my 2010 RRFF SC the engine starts up quietly like a new one does.
My only issue is a intermittent rough idle that comes and goes, otherwise the the engine runs good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts