·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Range Rover L322 BMW 4.4 90,000 miles

Started getting CEL a few weeks back

RSW solutions software indicated:

"P0032. *O2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 upstream sensor fault last occurance maximum signal"

Reset and returned a few times after several days of driving; figured the O2 sensor was failing because of an aging heater element

Then fault code changed to the following and would trigger CEL within a few miles after reset

"P0132 O2 sensor high voltage bank 1 upstream sensor fault last occurance maximum signal"

So, to confirm that the issue was the bank 1 upstream O2 sensor, I switched sensors (put bank 1 upstream in bank 2 and via-versa)

Same P0132 high voltage bank 1 error code came up again.

This suggests the issue is within the wiring or elsewhere in the bank 1 upstream circuit.

Any thoughts on further troubleshooting?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
We had a bank one sensor issue of no signal. I removed sensor passenger side reinstalled with some copperkote anti seize . and no replay of fault for past few months. I did wonder if the 4 pin connector suffered from a loose connection and although i just unplugged and replugged it that may have remade the connection. I lost a signal light until i released and reconnected. It looked ok but there must have been some oxidization of the contact touching the bulb even though it looked to have some clear anti oxidizing coating on the connection. And our latest blowing of fuse #9 a 5A fuse which does cruise control, hdc inactive, air suspension inactive, brake lights fully on all the time, no horn and abs icon ! icon and triangle on instrument centre. And possibly all because tailgate left open overnite due to an oversize box sitting in there and a high humidity night. I hope you find your issue

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update - after letting the RR sit for 4 days, it started with no CEL and has been fine since after 100 miles of driving. Seems like issue was a bad connection with the RH front O2 sensor and once restored it took a few cycles of the ECU to stop triggering the CEL even though it was reset several times after the fix. Quirky things these RR's!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts