RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how to name this problem any better than I did in the subject, but the auto-cancel on my blinkers is a little overzealous. When I signal right, turn a corner, and swing the steering wheel back to center the blinker cancellation is strong enough to send my blinker stem all the way over to signaling a left turn. IN other words, I signal right, make the turn, and when I look down after finishing the turn my signal is blinking left. Has anyone ever had this issue?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Does it only do this on right turns or for both driections?

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
I used to have a little play in my old indicator stalk - swapped it for a used one off fleabay and all has been well ever since.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow, yours actually truns off after the turn?

Mine as nver turned off. I have to manually turn them off.
Is there a fis for this?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bolt17 - mine use to do this all the time - very annoying - took a few trips to the independent mechanic to put right although still sometimes happens and out of habit I still put my fingers out and catch the stalk on the way back to neutral so that it doesn't drop down - I don't know what they did - I'll be seeing them in a couple of weeks so I will ask what they did (assuming you don't get it fixed before)

cheers

andy

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
777 Posts
Mark, there is a plastic cancellation "spacer" that attaches directly to the back of the steering wheel. There are two small ears that are most likely broken off.

·
Registered
219 Posts
kyle h. said:
Mark, there is a plastic cancellation "spacer" that attaches directly to the back of the steering wheel. There are two small ears that are most likely broken off.
Wow no kidding.

How would I fix this?
What is the part that needs to be replaced?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to check. Every other blasted piece of plastic within 2 feet of the steering wheel seems to be cracked in some fashion or another. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
777 Posts
I'm not sure this part would be available though the dealer. Your best bet is a junk/wrecking yard. I'm not sure what name it might go by, other than the round plastic male part of the cancellation switch. The switch itself I would consider to be the female portion.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Mark_CT said:
How would I fix this?
What is the part that needs to be replaced?
ANR6358 Ring-Self Cancelling about £15.00 in the U.K not sure $ price.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts