RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Well I have a new issue... My P38 works fine but when running with the AC on, and stops on traffic or so, just starts to overheating.. Normally I put the RR in Neutral and idle it for a while, the needle go to the middle again... Viscous is new, thermostat is new, but in here the temperatures are very hot, today at 12am I got 47º Celsius.. I need a way to control the RR cooling system.. If I connect the aircon fans directly or through a temp switch do I solve the problem?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
47 C isn't extreme for a Range Rover. That thing has been designed to handle 60 C.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Mine it's a Diesel, normally the rice burner engines works on a higher temperature range over the petrol ones.. I don´t believe this engines could run without any mods at 60ºC.. The RPM in the diesel are lower, the fan is smaller, the AC fans don´t work with engine temperature like the v8 does, the engine is longer having 6 cylinder, the V8 is bigger but cylinders are side by side...

Regards,

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, not a rice burner, I mean a oil burner engine lol

Regards, `)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Are the electric cooling fans working? If not , the coolant temp SENSOR may be bad. Other items to check if fans are inop, remove the plug from the low pressure switch and jumper it. The cooling fans should now spin at low speed any time the A/C is on. Also suggest looking at Fuse box and #7 relay.
Mine was only overheating with A/C on, I found several burnt out relays and still need to repair my fuse box. Replaced the relays and fans now work.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
Honestly I never saw this fans working... ever... But, in the diesel 2.5 the fans don´t switch on to control engine cooling like the 4.6 do.. I will make them work through a switch on the dash and/or with a temperature sensor mounted on the exit hose of the radiator, this way if the water in the radiator is still hot enough the fans will switch on and help...

Regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts