RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure who is in the market but these replicas are 22”
as opposed to the 23” size for the genuine Overfinch Zeus wheels. I’m guessing this means more tire options and cheaper ones at that. Sure beats $4-5k for genuine ones, especially if you’re buying for a used LR/RR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wouldn't mess with replica wheels. There is a lot of information online regarding the lack of engineering, testing and certification. There is a reason why they are $1000 for a set.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't mess with replica wheels. There is a lot of information online regarding the lack of engineering, testing and certification. There is a reason why they are $1000 for a set.
I haven’t really encountered a set of replica wheels that were too good to be true. $250 a wheel is not cheap. The knockoff Louis Vuitton bag isn’t an LV but can still do its job in a utilitarian sense without falling apart.

If the wheels are not DOT approved, that’s another story...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
If the wheels are not DOT approved, that’s another story...
Not to mention even if DOT approved they may not be load rated for the L322. I believe they can still be DOT approved but not load rated.

OP there are many stories of people returning knock off wheela due to finding out they just aren't load rated for the L322.

Heck I'll tell you my nightmare of buying an e38 with knockoffs on it and how those wheels were never quite balanced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts