RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it’s been a long while since I’ve been on the forum, and even longer since I have owned a Range Rover, but I just bought a 2013 RRS Supercharged. It feels good to be back!

I have one issue that I am currently stuck on:
My DSC and ABS are overactive when I take a sweeping left turn (usually on the freeway around 55-75mph). This only happens when turning left. The ABS will kick on and start pulsing the front left brake. It's very annoying and I end up turning the DSC off via the button in the center console.

Here is what I have tried so far:
1) Recalibrated the Steering Angle Sensor with Gap IID.
2) Rotated and balanced tires (they are new). Had alignment checked.
3) Replaced the Yaw Rate Sensor (Part # 0 265 005 730). Recalibrated it with Gap IID.
4) Replaced the upper Lateral Acceleration Sensor in roof (Part # RQJ100011).
5) Cleaned the dirt off the Wheel Speed Sensors at hubs. Didn't clean the electrical connector end of the sensor (worth trying?)

I tested live values with my Gap IID while sitting still in my driveway and here is what I found:

Obviously Body Roll Rate shouldn't be 13,107 deg/s while sitting still. Does anyone know what feeds into this value? Is there anything else I should check?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
617 Posts
You seem to have covered all the obvious things - so time to assume the system is actually working as it should and indicating an issue. My limited experience has been with tire pressures - I had a slow leak and when turning right my DSC would activate.

So check tyre pressures and anything else odd with tyres and suspension.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked the tire pressures - all of them are spot on.

The Body Roll Rate at 13,107 deg/s while sitting in the driveway makes me feel like the system isn't working properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts