RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
It has been a loooong time. Ciao Umberto! I've been doing some camping and other cool stuff... , but am wanting some advice. I found a ridiculously low price for a cargo hauler and wanted to know if anyone thought it would fit. http://sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=608013

It says I need a 2" Class III receiver hitch and I have no idea if I have that or the pin. I have the standard tow package on mu '06 Sport , but don't know how to verify if it will work. :think: I don't need anything heavy duty, but only something to toss on the back of the truck when we have nephews and nieces that need to go sledding, skiing etc....

Any comments would be appreciated...except that it looks like a piece of crap. :naughty:
Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
you're good to go, the tow hitch will tolerate up to 550 lbs, of shear load and will tow up to 7700 lbs, that's above a Class IV hitch.

Rafa

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Hiya Bob! You are good to go. As a matter of fact Land Rover used to sell a similar cargo rack and matching storage box for the Sport that was fully compatible with the standard hitch receiver and electrics. I wonder why they don't offer it anymore, it must have been a slow selling accessory or way overpriced - but I remember that Adam Spiker got a lot of use out of it in his early Dipped in Green days... He used to store all kind of stuff in there, then would just just drop the rack off at the trail head (the box had padlocks) so it would not get in the way while off-roading. I got a picture of it:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts