RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have upgraded to a Thomas 337 compressor and would like to install an outlet for compressed air.
Looking at the diagram in Rave line 6 goes to the tank. Would this be suitable?
regards
Andrew

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,365 Posts
That's the port I'm using wirh my new setup - just add a tee piece.

How do you plan to connect from there?

I also put a valve or tap in the line betwen the tee and the tyre line inflator connector to isolate it when not in use.

Shupack is the expert and, hopefully, will chime in.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Thanks Spiggy :)

Yes, line 6 is the tank, a T will work, I'm toying with drilling/tapping the block for a proper fitting, but not sure if it's a good idea to actually do it.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
shupack said:
Thanks Spiggy :)

I'm toying with drilling/tapping the block for a proper fitting, but not sure if it's a good idea to actually do it.
Yes it is ...much better than a 6mm airline for tyre inflation needs.

But use a proper pressure regulator for safery issues

I'm going this way but it seems that drain plug isn't 1/2 BSP but 1/2NPT. Quite rare in here

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
no, the block, not tank. I don't like having a bunch of T's, so I'm thinking of putting a fitting in for my pressure gage, with 150psi, the 6mm line will be OK for fililng tires (I think...havn't done it yet) I may tap off of the tank for that.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Yeah, I also started messing with this as well. It seems the best bet for the air supply to actually be useful to fill tires and run air tools (for short bursts) would be to tap into the tank's drain plug. Maybe I'll dig into this again this weekend. :think:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts