RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...
so my 2006 RRS S/C just fell out of warranty.
i'm just curious what others are doing for service when they're done?
i'm in the Los Angeles Area.
are you guys still going to the dealers? (i have been going to Hornburg/Santa Monica)
or are you going to places like
http://www.fouroaksgarage.com/
or
http://mitchellsbritishautomotive.com/

i also just picked up a flat... /:(
any recommendations for a place to pick up and install a new stock cont tire?

thanks for any recommendations or advice, even if it's a recommendation to stick with the dealer.
cheers!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
I'm sure that others will disagree but I'm all about the dealer who took care of it all this time. Unless they get stupid, then shop around.
My experience going with independents hasn't been that great with other brands (MB, BMW, Porsche) it always felt like they were behind the ball a bit.
When I go to the independents I see a bunch of Discos and Classic RR's, never, literally never, an RRS or an LR4, indicators that they may not be familiar with my rig's nuances.
This is just my opinion, I'm in Portland, Oregon, not LAX where i'm sure there's a ton of independents who rock it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey Bro
I have a LR tech in ventura who do the same work as dealer on the side. He pretty much gets you the parts at his cost then charges labor which will be significantly less than what the dealer charges. If you ever need any work done just shoot me an email to [email protected] and ill put you in contact with him.
As for the tires theres a local spot i go to that installs for cheap by dodger stadium but they cant really get you a good price on those. Depending on how soon you need it and if you dont mind slightly used tires i come across them every now and again. Just dont have any right now. Id check craigslist or ebay for slightly used tires at a good discount.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Same here,

I never had successful experience in indi.shop. they tends to not know as well as dealers.

and at least dealers fully gurantees there work..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey rafa and baccocafe,
good points... nope. I've never seen a RRS at an independent shop, now that i think about it.

jbrac25,
ventura is a bit far, unless i have major issues and some time off work.

thanks guys for the opinions.
cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts