RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my iPhone, having trouble searching. On my way home from a mini acation, 3 hour drive. Computer said I had 57 miles till empty. Gas light was not on. Car went into safety mode. Let me drive for about 30 seconds at 35mph...then it died. Tried to restart, it did but as soon as it started and I put it in gear, it died. Gas light never came on and it still said 57 miles till empty. Put 5 gallons in, started right up but now check engine light is on. It runs fine and made it to the gas station and just filled it up. Should I continue to drive it? My gas gauge usually works fine, gas light has worked in the past and I have gone about 40 miles to empty with no issues. Thanks for any advice you can give!

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are tons of sensors in the fuel line from the tank to the injectors. Any kind of irregularities will trip a sensor such as air in the lines. Its always smart to have the codes pulled when your warning lights are on but if your rangie is not knocking or loosing power im sure she will be ok until you can get her checked out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It made it home 45 miles with no problems. Dropping it off at Land Rover tomorrow to see what they can find. I am sure there is nothing wrong, but we will see when they pull the codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts