RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this article today - happened over the weekend:
Dennis was a passenger in the Range Rover on I-95 when the vehicle blew a tire causing the SUV to flip over three times before it came to rest. Rodman and his companion were taken to a hospital where it was reported that they were fine. The driver of the car received head injuries though none life-threatening.Rodman was dragged from the wreckage by passers-by, but then declined to give them his autograph, according to U.S. reports

Wonder what tires were on the SUV - Firestone?

BTW - Was watching the TO show yesterday and saw him driving a 2010 RRS HSE

·
Registered
64 Posts
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
BTW - Was watching the TO show yesterday and saw him driving a 2010 RRS HSE
Only an HSE, no Supercharged???

-TJ

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but the '10 Hse has about the same HP as the SC's up to '09 from what I see. Should be good enough for US roads that can go up to 70mph or beat another car to the next traffic light - its a SUV ....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
Yeah but the '10 Hse has about the same HP as the SC's up to '09 from what I see. Should be good enough for US roads that can go up to 70mph or beat another car to the next traffic light - its a SUV ....
There is never enough. My Z06 has over 600RWHP (roughly 700 crank) now. Of course I track it, not just drive it on the street.

But that wasn't my point at all. The guy is a multi-millionaire, why not go for the top of the line Sport? I understand getting the Sport over the "big boy" Range for looks etc. But really, does he need to save the $10-15k or whatever and get a HSE? He's a (American foot)baller, he should go for maximum floss. ;)

-TJ

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
maybe he bought it while he was "between jobs"

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tjZ06 said:
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
But that wasn't my point at all. The guy is a multi-millionaire, why not go for the top of the line Sport? I understand getting the Sport over the "big boy" Range for looks etc. But really, does he need to save the $10-15k or whatever and get a HSE? He's a (American foot)baller, he should go for maximum floss. ;)
-TJ
The Bengals deal was not signed yet - so was not sure if he could make child support payments :)

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Based on this video made by some dopey Cowboy fans he musta traded in the Vesuvius S/C. Better question is how does he even fit in one?

[youtube:6ryhv3w6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPi8r5iyG2U[/youtube:6ryhv3w6]

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HE is a tall guy, another friend of mine that is 6'4 has a hard time sitting in my RRS.

Saw TO once at a nice restaurant with his posse, and then later that same night at a nightclub/lounge in Dallas. He walked straight to the back with his posse clearing the way - he ended up leaving not too much longer, on the way out, being a rugby player, I did not move and ended up giving a stiff shoulder, kinda exchanged glances. I'm sure he could have kicked my a$$,along with his crew. Being a Eagles fan, could care less for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts